Michael P. Burke has been practicing law in Western Colorado since 1994. He was born on May 10, 1967 in Rocky Ford, Colorado, and he grew up in Western Colorado.
Educated at Mesa State College, now Colorado Mesa University, Michael holds a Bachelor of Business Administration. While attending Mesa State College, Michael was very active in Phi Beta Lambda, serving as State Vice President and later as National Treasurer. In 1988 he was honored at Mesa State College as Exceptional Male Student. He was listed in Outstanding Young Men of America 1989-1990.
He furthered his education at the University of Denver where he earned his Master of Business Administration and a Juris Doctorate. His honors in post-graduate studies include winning the University of Denver Hoffman Cup Trial Competition and receiving an American Jurisprudence Award for trial practice and advocacy.
While completing his graduate studies, Michael worked for the United States Securities and Exchange Commission as a research assistant. In 1994, he returned home to the Western Slope where he has enjoyed the opportunity to handle a wide variety of legal matters. His practice now focuses primarily on business law, estate and probate, real estate, and civil matters.
Michael’s honors include being acknowledged by the Mesa State College Alumni Association as the Outstanding Young Alum for 1997. In 2011, Michael was recognized by Mesa State College with the 2011 Distinguished Alumni Award. This is the highest honor bestowed upon an alum.
In addition to the practice of law, he is very involved in the community. Michael’s involvement on numerous boards and committees includes serving as Chairman of the Board of the Grand Junction Area Chamber of Commerce, President of the Mesa State College (now Colorado Mesa University) Alumni Association, President of the Mesa State College (now CMU) Foundation, and President of the Grand Junction Rotary Club, as well as serving on the Board of Directors of the Grand Junction Musical Arts Association, the Board of Directors of the Grand Junction Rotary Foundation, the Board of Directors of Riverview Technology corporation, and the Board of Directors then later as Chairman of the Business Incubator Center. He has served as a Commissioner for the Judicial Performance Commission.
Michael is involved in his local church and coaching youth sports.
Areas Of Practice
- Business Law
- Estate and Probate
- Real Estate and Civil Matters
- Colorado, 1994
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1994
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- Mesa State College
- Honors: Exceptional Male Student, 1988
- Honors: Outstanding Young Men of America, 1989-90
- Honors: Outstanding Young Alum, 1997
- University of Denver
- Honors: Winning the University of Denver Hoffman Cup Trial Competition
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award
- Honors: Who's Who Among Students at American Colleges and Universities
- Honors: Who's Who Among American Law Students
Honors and Awards
- Mesa State College Distinguished Young Alumni (1997)
- Colorado Mesa University Distinguished Alumni Award (2011)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Business Incubator Center, Past Chairman
- Grand Junction Area Chamber of Commerce, Past Chairman
- Grand Junction Musical Arts Association, Past Board Member
- Judicial Performance Commission , Commissioner
- Mesa State College (now CMU) Alumni Association, Past President
- Mesa State College (now CMU) Foundation, Past President
- Riverview Technology Corporation, Past Vice Chairman
- Rotary Club of Grand Junction, Past President
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Phi Alpha Delta