Easing Your Family's Transition
For some individuals, family is the foundation of their identity. When a person's foundation erodes, it interferes with their identity and disrupts the family unit, causing everyone to feel its effects. At The Law Offices of Kain & Burke, PC, we understand the impact family disputes have on our clients and their way of life. At the same time, we recognize that new beginnings can create a brighter future for some, and that the matter must be properly handled in order to strive for the best possible results.
Our Grand Junction divorce and family lawyers have years of experience serving the people of Colorado. We treat each client's family law issues with compassion and respect, working to achieve positive resolutions that enable our clients to move on with their lives in the best way possible. To schedule a consultation with our attorneys, call 970-778-4461 or contact our law firm online.
Colorado Divorce Lawyer
At The Law Offices of Kain & Burke, PC, we help clients make legal decisions that are in their best interests and the best interests of their children. To that end, we handle all aspects of divorce, including:
- Parental responsibilities: In Colorado, we no longer refer to "custody" or "visitation" in a divorce. It is now referred to as parenting time and decision-making responsibilities. We assist divorcing couples and unmarried parents in creating a Parenting Plan that works for their own unique family situation. Many issues, including a child's primary residence, the time spent living with each parent, how decisions affecting the child are to be handled, and others will be properly addressed and vigorously negotiated so that your family has a workable resolution. If these responsibilities cannot be resolved through negotiation, we zealously represent our clients in court.
- Child support: Child support in Colorado is calculated according to specific court-ordered guidelines. We help each client gather all the information that will be relevant to the calculation, including the parents' income, the number of children involved, family medical needs and many other factors.
- Grandparents' rights: Grandparents play an important role in the structure of many families. There are circumstances where a grandparent may be awarded visitation rights or actual parenting time and decision-making responsibilities of a grandchild. We help individuals pursue these possibilities whenever it is in the child's best interests.
- Spousal maintenance: The amount of maintenance (previously referred to as "alimony") that will be awarded depends on many factors, including the length of the marriage and the financial resources of both spouses. Whether a client is seeking maintenance or paying maintenance, we develop practical strategies for meeting the client's needs and goals.
- Asset and property division: We protect our clients' rights during the property and debt division process. We make sure each client receives a fair share of the marital property, including the family home, cars, business property, retirement accounts, bank accounts and more.
Contact a Colorado Child Custody Attorney
When you are faced with family law issues, we are ready to help you work through them. To schedule a meeting with an experienced Colorado family law firm, call 970-778-4461 or contact our Grand Junction office online. We offer flexible scheduling of appointments to meet your needs.